Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

7 QT's- Mia's say the darndest things

Linking up with Jen, cuz you know how we do.

1. Oh good Lord, I ran walked this morning- I'm not even gonna give myself credit for a run since I took about 10 cumulative jogging steps and maaaybe covered a mile- and I feel lucky that I'm not lying dead on the side of the road. I was enthusiastic about a little morning exercise, but by the time I reached the end of our driveway someone had covertly replaced my legs with tree trunks. I plodded to the bottom of Mt. Kill-a-one-mama, and the instant I slowed down Mia began ordering me to "Come on Mom! Run!" Ignoring the firstborn, I slothed it up the hill, but once at the top I embraced gravity and started jogging down. My ambition dealt the kill shot when an invisible hand decided to stab me in the chest. On a freaking downhill jog! Can you even call it a jog if you're just repeatedly catching a fall? Sooo, cramp and all, we cut the whole thing short and just went home. But at least my outfit matched, so... success?

2. On Tuesday we went to Mass, but it was actually just a Communion service and we were late to begin with, so we walked in at the "Our Father." Yikes. I debated not even going, but ultimately I figured Jesus would rather see us execute poorly than not try at all... right? But anyways, on our way back from Communion, Mia stopped at the statue of Our Lady, kissed her toes, and started
L O U D L Y praying "HAIL MAWY FULL OF GWACE...!" I smiled but still scooped her up and took her out with the promise that she could visit the Mary statue outside after Mass. When I told Caleb about it, his suggestion was that I should have let her finish her prayer then and there. But I didn't want to disturb the peace. Thoughts? What would you have done?

3. We're going to a trick-or-treating event at the Birmingham Zoo over Poppee's birthday weekend next weekend, so I bought Mia her Halloween costume on Wednesday. My big fat mommy fail was that I took her with me to pick it out. We had already decided on Mia as Cinderella and Livi as the pumpkin (I already have a pumpkin outfit), but in the heat of the moment Mia decided she wanted to be Rapunzel, casting Olivia as Pascal. (I could just buy this, but you know I'll try to find a green shirt and leggings instead.) The real dealy-o is that now the kid won't take the costume off and its already falling apart since los Temps only buy quality threads.
The bow in front is jacked and the Rapunzel charm fell off, but fear not, Mia has the fix! "Maybe we can use some 'duck' tape to tape dis back on da dress!" Uh, lemme see your neck Mia. It looks a little red. Oh! And the other day she watched a squirrel run away and busted with a "He gone" a la the Duck Commanders.

4. Mia's thoughts on our Halloween zoo-venture? "Let's go see the winos!" Hmm, ok honey. I thought you might want to see the rhinos, but I'm sure we can find a few winos too.

5. In addition to Duck Dynasty and Rapunzel, Mia is also obsessed with "words we don't say." All day long she asks, "Do we say dammit? Oh no? Can we say 'soot'? Dang it? Doo doo?"

6. I think this stair climbing booty shaker is FINALLY getting a tooth! Go, Livi, Go!
 
7. Yard sale tomorrow! Here's to hoping we sell it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment